Netflix is reinventing entertainment from end to end. We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at massive scale over the internet, and continuously improving and personalizing how content is presented to our 135 million members around the globe.
The Cloud Database Engineering team develops and operates large distributed data stores across 3 AWS regions at massive scale. A reliable data storage layer is critical to Netflix streaming and the growing studio engineering team. Our work includes design, architecture, development, and operation of these data stores. If working on large scale, low latency, critical systems is exciting for you, apply.
In 2019 the Cloud Database Engineering team will be hosting a small number of interns to help explore new ideas. Projects will be experimental in nature and allow interns to exercise their freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for individuals with the following qualities:
- Masters or Ph.D. students engaged in ongoing research at an accredited university and eligible to work in the USA.
- Curious, self-motivated, and excited about solving open-ended challenges at Netflix.
- Great communication skills, both oral and written.
- Graduate research in or experience with databases and/or distributed systems.
- Experience programming in at least one language, e.g. Java, C, C++, Go (but not limited to these).
- (Preferred) Experience with version control. We use Git internally.
In your application please include:
- Resume or CV with contact information (email and phone number).
- Information about prior work experience (if any), programming, and research experience relevant to distributed systems and/or databases.
- Potential references.
Netflix is a unique place to work and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning about ourculture and thinking about how you would succeed here……Read more>>