What you’ll be doing…
The Unclaimed Property team is responsible for ensuring Verizon complies with all state-mandated requirements related to management of unclaimed property such as uncashed checks, unidentified payments and unresolved customer credit balances. This position will be responsible for a number of functions related to managing these properties prior to remitting unresolved funds to the state, including:
- Completing uploads of unclaimed property to property management systems (UPCS and Tracker). Reviewing unclaimed property in databases for affiliate transactions, exemptions and validity of large properties.
- Processing due diligence letters (sorting, making address changes, deleting/reissuing checks in system, etc.) effectively and efficiently. Organizing and submitting necessary paperwork and data files to source groups for check reissues.
- Ensuring all customer inquiries are processed accurately and in a timely fashion. Understanding customer inquiries and questions in order to respond appropriately.
- Ensuring timely and accurate completion of reconciliation of unclaimed property GL accounts.
- Providing support to Unclaimed Property manager with the annual state unclaimed property filings.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on Excel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Intelligence, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or any other related discipline.
- Experience in basic SQL queries/ updates.
- Experience with Access database tables, queries and reports.
- Ability to investigate and determine root cause of issues.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize your work load and handle multiple demands and competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to be flexible, creative, and resourceful.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details…..Read More>>>