Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/12/2019 to 04/18/2019
Pay scale & grade
$99,172 to $128,920 per year
3 vacancies in the following location:
Washington, DCWashington, DC 3 vacancies
Yes as determined by agency policy
Incumbent provides expertise on large scale Human Resources Information System (HRIS) applications and programs to improve Human Resources (HR) work methods and procedures through automation and project management resulting in the on-going operations and maintenance of HRIS solutions throughout Veterans Affairs’ HR community and other user groups, pertaining to programs/projects managed and technical adviser to all levels of HR managers engaged in resolving VA-wide data requirements.
- Perform fact-finding, research, and functional analysis necessary to determine the nature and scope of new requirements or changes to be developed
- Develop complex automated HR data processing solutions which provide decision-making information support related to personnel management programs supporting VA’s HR community
- Analyze information for high echelon management officials, technical and functional analysts, users, and thorough independent research on HRIS systems/issues
- Explore system information input/retrieval design alternatives by applying an in-depth understanding of civilian personnel management functional areas, automation requirements, and database management
- Analyze requests for new requirements and determines steps, in coordination with internal VA/external organizations, necessary to produce desired automated results/output products
- Develop detailed project plans, to include milestone dates and schedules, to ensure proper sequencing of events and tracking of processes throughout the life cycle of the programs/projects
- Analyze requests for new requirements and determines steps, in coordination with internal VA and external organizations, necessary to produce the desired automated results/output products
- Develop transition plans for new/revised automated solutions and monitors/reports progress
- Develop strategic plans for the development, enhancement, and continued maintenance of HR information systems for VA’s HR community, implementing automation support requirements/tools/enhancements.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
- Human Resources Specialists
- Specialists, Human Resources
- Required Documents