Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 01/31/2019 to 02/07/2019
Pay scale & grade
$87,252 to $113,428 per year
Permanent – Excepted Service
Few vacancies in the following location:
Tinker AFB, OK
Tinker AFB, OK
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Click on “Learn more about this agency” button below for IMPORTANT additional information.
This DCIPS position has a Professional work category and Full Performance work level.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Senior Scientific and Technical Intelligence (S&TI) Analyst for OC-ALC’s major enterprises and for addressing intelligence issues spanning multiple acquisition programs and Force Protection missions.
Learn more about this agency
- Manages intelligence assessment production, prepares related finished intelligence analysis reports, and provides focused threat related support to System Program Offices (SPOs)
- Represents the OC-ALC as a recognized subject matter expert on the organization, test, training, operational activities, and current and future capabilities of foreign technologies that pose a threat to USAF aircraft and cruise missile.
- May serve as a team leader for his/her assigned area coordinating the work of the team, assisting junior team members and overseeing the accuracy and thoroughness of team products.
- Tailors all source Science and Technology assessments and provides expert advice to SPMs on current and future threats adversely affecting development, acquisition, fielding, or sustaining of weapon systems
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- All new DCIPS employees are required to complete a two-year DCIPS trial period.
- Incumbent must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
- PCS expenses is authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal and Regulatory Guide
- Incumbent is subject to initial and periodic drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. Time schedules may be changed on short notices to accommodate emerging critical mission support requirement.
- The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments. Overtime may be required
- This position is designated as a Key position.
- Incumbent must be removed from their military recall status if alternatives for filling the position during an emergency are not available
- Disclosure of Political Appointments.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Applicants must possess quality level experience which demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for successful job performance required for this position. Quality experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
Examples of creditable experience include: Knowledge of US weapons systems and operations to function as an authority on architecture, tactics, and doctrine. Knowledge of foreign technical threats to function as an authority on foreign military technology, tactics, and doctrine. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency. Note: Creditable experience may include previous military experience, experience gained in the private sector, or experience gained in another government agency…..Read More>>>