Job Description (Please follow all instructions carefully)
Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/08/2019 to 04/12/2019
Pay scale & grade
$99,172 to $128,920 per year
1 vacancy in the following location:
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
ALL US CITIZENS
This position reports to the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), IT Operations and Services (ITOPS), Service Management and Planning (SMP), and serves as the technical expert for ITOPS on organizational guidance and policy, ensuring strategic planning directly supports the mission, priorities and objectives of the SMP director.
Learn more about this agency
The first 50 candidate who apply will be considered for referral to the selecting official. Additional candidates in increments of 50 will be referred based on hiring needs.
This is a virtual position that must be placed in a VA facility.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available
Telework: May be available upon supervisory approval
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Policy & Planning)/ 17443A GS-13
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary but may require some physical effort, such as standing, walking, bending, or sitting. The work often requires long hours to meet deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected managerial or program crises resulting in some highly stressful work situations. The work requires almost constant use of a video display monitor.
- Provides guidance and expertise to develop IT strategic and tactical plans and processes.
- Reviews and assures plans and processes adhere to Congressional legislature, Federal and agency policy, procedures, directives and regulations.
- Executes plans to meet long and short term organizational goals, objectives, strategic initiatives and business processes.
- Performs technical research, and provides technical and analytical support regarding ITOPS SMP matters.
- Produces technical documentation and narrative/graphical representations including templates, briefing documents, data analysis, graphs, etc.
Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- May serve a probationary period
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- A complete application package; Resume, Transcripts, etc.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
Selective Placement Factor: This position includes a skill, knowledge, ability or other worker characteristic basic to -and essential for- satisfactory performance of the job. Selective Placement Factors are a prerequisite to appointment and represent minimum requirements for a position. Applicants who do not meet it are ineligible for further consideration. Evidence of the Selective Placement Factor must be reflected in your resume.
The Selective Placement Factor for this position is: Experience researching, analyzing and synthesizing information from disparate sources, including IT related information, into cohesive and comprehensive technical documentation as well as experience preparing white papers, position papers, briefing documents and Executive Decision Memoranda
You may qualify based on your experience, as described below:
Experience – Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification), as appropriate.
For all positions individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below. The employing agency is responsible for identifying the specific level of proficiency required for each competency at each grade level based on the requirements of the position being filled.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations…..Read More>>>