Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/19/2019 to 05/06/2019
Pay scale & grade
$99,172 to $128,920 per year
This position is being filled under an Expedited Hiring Authority (EHA).
This position is part of the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Defense Threat Reduction Agency.
As a PROCUREMENT ANALYST at the GS-1102-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Overseeing the development of implementation strategies, policies, procedures, and functional requirements for information technology projects and programs related to DoD’s Electronic Business (E-Business) initiative.
- Develops, coordinates, and recommends Agency-wide acquisition policies, procedures, instructions, and guidance, with emphasis upon the acquisition system. Reviews Agency-wide acquisition activities.
- Being responsible for overall E-Business processes and administration for the acquisition and contracting workforce, including the PD2/Standard Procurement System (SPS), Federal Procurement Data System – Next Generation (FPDS-NG)/Contract Action Report (CAR), Procurement Data Standard(PDS), and Procurement Data Improvement Verification & Validation (V&V).
- Updates and revises DTRA contracting policies and procedures, as required. Develops and coordinates changes.
- In exceptional situations, assists in negotiations. Explores new and innovative approaches to streamline the entire acquisition process and recommends alternatives and solutions.
- Ensuring all actions and tasking are tracked, fully vetted, properly staffed, meet all reporting requirements, and completed in advance of deadlines to ensure time for thorough review and submittal. Identifies concepts and directs the development and issue of standardized processes and instructions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the office and operations.
- Staying up to date on various Federal and DoD systems currently undergoing major updates including involvement in system testing and recommendations (i.e. Procurement Integrated Enterprise Environment (PIEE), Clause Logic Service (CLS), Solicitation Module, Closeout Module, beta.SAM.gov).
- Employs process improvement methodologies by exploiting existing DoD and Federal electronic business initiatives and recommends, as appropriate, deployment within DTRA to automate and simplify business support processes.
- Representing the Chief of Contract Policy and Oversight in internal and external meetings and communications, independently determining appropriate actions to be taken and speaking for the organization. Presenting briefings to senior officials within the agency and other internal and external agency partners.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)