- Bachelor’s degree or 10 years of equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in partnership development and partner management, identifying partners, structuring and negotiating agreements.
- 6 years of experience working with Product, Engineering, and Legal teams in a technology environment.
- 2 years of experience in people management.
- Experience operating within and leading cross-functional efforts across Product, Engineering, Legal, Policy, Operations, etc. Experience working in the mobile telecommunications industry.
- Experience handling sensitive partnerships. Experience in a consulting role. Ability to quickly learn new technologies. Passion for and understanding YouTube products.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies. Passion for and understanding YouTube products.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and business judgment. Excellent collaboration skills with a creative approach.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to formulate and articulate contractual, technical, financial and business points with partners and internal teams.
About the job
We accelerate the growth and innovation of YouTube products by driving new business opportunities through partnerships. We manage the business side of new features, products, and initiatives that are vital to the success of YouTube. In this role, you will be able to assess partnership opportunities in any situation, define a strategy, and work closely with Product and other stakeholders to drive critical partnerships that help evolve our business, working cross-functionally with leadership. You also execute while demonstrating thought leadership and an ability to identify industry trends and key influencers.
The YouTube Video Infrastructure team is responsible for delivering an excellent YouTube experience to its end users so that they can enjoy their favorite videos rather than watch the rebuffer wheel. There are many ecosystem partners that are critical to delivering this great experience, including mobile and fixed line network operators, network equipment vendors, and video codec partners such as chipset manufacturers.
As a Product Partnerships Manager, you’ll work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve the experience of YouTube users. By working with partners, you’ll help define and drive improvements in key business and user experience metrics, contributing experience in partnerships management and a thoughtful, strategic approach to how we partner. You possess a global perspective and work well in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, team-oriented environment.
YouTube has grown into a community used by over 1 billion people across the globe to access information, share video, and shape culture. The YouTube team helps budding creators build careers, creates products like YouTube Kids, YouTube Music, and YouTube Gaming, and engages communities around shared passions and global conversations. Together, we empower the world to create, broadcast, and share……Read more>>