Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 267 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
GENERAL SUMMARY The Risk seller risk management group is looking for a highly talented and self-motivated individual to join our team. The candidate would be a part of the PayPal Risk team located in San Jose, CA. The Analyst will utilize data and statistical analysis to identify and promote new strategies to optimize PayPal’s seller risk management; Support overall risk goals through detailed data mining and analysis that results in policies, test-and-learn pilot programs and broad strategies to deliver efficiency, loss reduction and better customer experience; manage seller/merchant risk monitoring (MRM) strategies to optimize effectiveness of monitoring including PayPal and seller gross loss as well as customer experience; manage the overall strategy and foresee development of various business initiatives & programs globally; develop and manage reporting and value assessment for work; research and develop new risk tools and platforms to support overall organizational goals.
Job Description Summary:
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and ﬂexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid.
We build BIG and NEW products to drive worldwide commerce. Be it the next mobile payments solution, or a high availability money movement platform, we solve problems on a scale you just can’t find elsewhere. PayPal continues to push the boundaries of technology by investing in individuals who passionately believe in the potential of innovative technologies that make up a global market places
About the team
The team is a part of Commercial Seller Risk team and we specialize in monitoring large merchants and conducting analytics for varieties of underlying credit risk. The team collaborates very closely to regional risk operations partners, the business unit and the solutions team. The purpose is two- fold – to identify risky merchants with the use of well-articulated analysis and conveying it to the solutions team to prevent losses AND to identify merchants who have the propensity to grow and conveying the leads to the sales team for cross-selling different products to make positive impact on the revenue.
The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical skills suited to approach varied challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, they are able to deconstruct the problem and transform personal insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Some knowledge of statistical model building is preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide analytical insights into emerging issues, trends and portfolios – by analyzing various types of data, including review of relevant cases/samples, research of our customer support database and incorporation of feedback from various partners.
- Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine how to design analysis and measurement approaches that will significantly improve our ability to understand and address emerging business issues
- Develop controls and monitoring dashboards to ensure performance against business KPIs, regulatory requirements and business priorities.
- Developing expertise in specific areas by leading analytical projects independently, while setting goals, providing benefit estimations, defining workflows and coordinating timelines in advance.
- Demonstrate flexibility that is needed to succeed within a matrix organization while being proactive and comfortable with working alongside stakeholders from different domains.
- Providing updates to leadership, peers and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and the results of analyses effectively with emphasis on the actionable outcomes and impact to business.
- MS in quantitative field required
- 1-2 years of professional experience in solving problems using data-driven approach
- High proficiency in fundamental SQL. Other technical skills are a plus (Java/C/C++; Perl/Python; strong UNIX background; R).
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence, a can-do mentality and a creative approach to problem solving
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom…….Read more>>