SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SATELLITE MISSION DESIGN ENGINEER
The Satellite Mission Design Engineer will be instrumental to the design, optimization and execution of SpaceX developed satellite constellations and payload missions. You will gather requirements around customer payload requests, develop simulations and models of the constellation request and work cross-functionally to integrate models of payload criteria. You will identify key performance parameters and constraints to enable mission success and future payload capabilities.
- Development of modeling and simulation of remote sensing payloads and constellations, including coverage/revisit, ground station contact analysis, and data budgets.
- Work closely with GNC, Sensors, Structural, Power, and Thermal Engineers to build integrated trade models and be able to set design criteria for functional teams to work towards.
- Play an integral part of an agile team that will continuously iterate on spacecraft and mission design through all phases of the program.
- Work with potential payload providers to identify key performance parameters and understand sensitivities to those metrics in regard to mission success.
- Partner with software engineers to build automation tools for constellation management.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience with orbital design and analysis, modeling, simulation and ability to conduct orbital trades.
- Experience with constellation design, station keeping and/or collision avoidance.
- Experience with software modeling tools (e.g. Matlab, STK, etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance.
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience with software programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, etc.).
- Experience developing and executing design verification activities across constellation segments, including spacecraft, ground stations, and ground/flight software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payload sensor and constellation modeling.
- Experience with a wide range of potential sensor types.
- Experience taking a product from concept phase through prototyping, launch, post analysis and maintaining operations.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight.
- Excellent communication skills required to support frequent customer interactions……..Read more>>