Open & closing dates
Opening and closing dates 04/15/2019 to 04/19/2019
Pay scale & grade
$61,929 to $80,510 per year
This position is located within the Texas Army National Guard G2 36ID SCIF at Austin, Camp Mabry, Texas. The purpose of this position is to serve as Chief, Special Security Office for the state.
Appointment Factor(s): This is a Title 5 Excepted Service position.
Area(s) of Consideration: CAT 1 – Open to Public (Nationwide): US Citizens, Nationals, or individuals who owe allegiance to the United States.
As a SECURITY SPECIALIST with the Texas Army National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Initiates and implements policies and procedures required to manage sensitive compartmented information (SCI) programs and to protect SCI resources.
- Establishes policies and procedures for accomplishment of SCI protection and security.
- Serves as the SCI Control Officer responsible for establishing, managing, and controlling all collateral and SCI classified information and material within the Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIFs) affecting the Unit’s mission.
- Implements the SCI security clearance program for all assigned personnel, ensuring all required clearances are up-to-date and completed.
- Works directly for the intelligence unit commander/Senior Intelligence Officer (SIO), reporting on the administration of the Special Security Office and SCI-associated security programs.
- Administers the SCI security clearance program for all assigned personnel, ensuring all required clearances are up-to-date and completed.
- Provides oversight of unit and SSO security self-inspections and presents detailed and comprehensive reports with corrective action taken to the unit intelligence commander/SIO.
- Represents the intelligence unit to a variety of installation and functional areas, including national-level organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link:
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
0080 Security Administration