Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.
Engineer, Software Development
The Business Entity
The Core Software Group (CSG) develops software across the routing, switching and wireless product portfolio at Cisco and is investing heavily to transform networking through cutting-edge solutions that will change the way IT is consumed. Our work will transform our customers’ consumption of our systems from every angle.
What You’ll Do
You will work in a fast-paced environment, on cutting-edge technology, to solve problems and develop innovative solutions in the areas of system infrastructure, databases, distributed systems, system serviceability, automated test infrastructure, patching and image management, licensing, etc. You will work through the entire software development lifecycle – with Marketing/Product Managers to understand requirements, design solutions, code, unit/integration test, work with QA/Test teams for the solution test, as well as work with Sales and field engineers to deploy the solution for customers and support them as well.
We are part of the Enterprise Infrastructure team that supports a wide variety of products across Switching, Routing, Wireless, IOT and other Enterprise business/markets. You will work with engineers, multi-functional teams (Marketing, Test/QA, Engineering, Manufacturing, etc.) and drive the end-to-end execution of the software development lifecycle.
- Be a part of a talented group of engineers to deliver exceptional results by focusing efforts and enabling the team to succeed
- Technology leadership skills to include coaching/mentoring/guiding, critical thinking/discernment, facilitation, leading change, and team development.
- Promote and nurture team spirit and culture across the global team built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity.
- Excellent teammate with a high degree of integrity and passion who can work effectively both within the team and cross-functionally
- Prior experience with infrastructure software development and database technologies is highly desirable
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Polaris IOS-XE team is responsible for adding Infrastructure that supports the core capabilities that enable Routers, Switches, Wireless and IoT devices to function at scale. The software we are building will be used in millions of devices to build meaningful networks all over the world. You will be part of an excellent team of engineers with a diverse set of experiences and knowledge. This position offers a great opportunity for you to learn and for us to learn from you. We are revolutionizing the way network devices are handled. Come join us if you want to be a great teammate that agrees and get things done (so you still have time to pursue your life outside of work).
Who You Are
- 3-5 years’ experience working on a high impact software development team
- MSEE/CS combined with 2+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 5+ years related experience.
- Expert Programming skills with C, Java or Python.
- Linux system development exposure and experience with building core system infrastructure, databases, distributed systems, image/file management, etc. is preferred.
- Experience in working with multi-functional teams to define requirements, drive design/architecture (including scale & performance), guide the QA development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work multi-functionally.
- Are you self-motivated, with a strong sense of ownership and a good teammate?
- Do you have strong team building skills? Are you great at recognizing and hiring new talent?
- How are your people skills? Working across departments and with other teams is a critical part of your role
- Be open to continuous learning and committed to ongoing self-improvement.
- Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies…..Read More>>>