About Part Time Tech:
Amazon is piloting “Part-Time Tech Teams” in the HR group. This team works 30 hours per week (Mon-Thurs is a common schedule) and receives the same benefits as full-time employees, with compensation proportionate to working 3/4 time. This is a pilot program, but you will be guaranteed a part-time job regardless of the outcome of the program, and you can switch to full-time on request. The program aims to provide real, impactful work with the same promotion and growth opportunities of full-time teams
About the position:
At Amazon People Technology, the platform group is responsible for building a new state of art cloud native data platform and services to securely house and vend mission critical workforce information. The new platform will be a critical glue and will offer highly scalable services to power numerous business critical systems that keeps Amazon going.
We are looking for an experienced software development leader who will set up a team of top notch engineers to build business critical workflows, platform components and integrations with other systems and external vendors.
Are you a leader who thrives in a rapidly changing environments and loves to define paths forward?
Do you love to challenge the status quo and rethink new norms?
Do you enjoy the challenges of a highly complex critical business contexts that typically gets defined in real time?
Are you an engineering leader that loves to establish elegant solutions and high standards in anything you build?
Do you love to build teams and cultivate talent to set a new bar?
Do you crave working with world class talent to solve complex problems?
Is absolute and extreme ownership your thing and delivering strong results your second nature?
If you answered yes to the above, then this opportunity is for you to explore!
As a leader on this team, you will influence and drive architectural and design choices and develop world-class interfaces. Our team culture encourages innovation and we expect engineers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. We need a leader who can cut through the noise, passionately simplify, deliver results, and manage a diverse team.
· Strong business judgment and record of making the right decisions
· Experience hiring and developing engineers
· Experience simplifying both processes and technical implementations
· Passion for insisting on high standards (to the point that most other people would think they are being unreasonable)
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
· Experience delivering large, multi-year projects on time
· Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
· Ability to write clearly and concisely
· Bachelor degree in a technical field or equivalent experience, MBA or advanced degree preferred
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Experience managing engineers across multiple locations
· Track record of building and delivering critical, 24×7 production systems
· Experience with Amazon Web Services
· Deep understanding of enterprise systems and data integration
· Deep understanding of agile project management methodologies
· Experience writing production code…..Read more>>